right click

Star stickers

Monday, May 6, 2013

star stickers
When I began collecting TimMee tanks as an adult in 2003 I looked for a company that manufactured ½" white star stickers to replace the damaged ones on the tanks I was buying from Ebay. I found a company that produced the exact size and color. There were 300 stars per pack at $1.69 each. And I loaded up! It's a good thing I did because they were discontinued a few years later. Although I had a decent supply left, I still searched for them once in a while, with no luck. However, I found a company a few weeks ago that produced white star stickers...and they had several sizes to choose from. One of which was a ¼" star. I ordered that size and placed one on each side of the turret because the larger stars are simply too big. Plus, many real world M48 Patton tanks had a smaller star on either side of the turret (not big registration numbers, etc) with a larger star up front.



2 comments:

Hugh Walter said...

I found an interesting variant of this tank the other day which I will be blogging some time after Wednesday...just get the competition for Horrible Histories get out the way...

Hugh

Hugh Walter said...

It's on my blog, but I've taken some more pictures with a different backgrownd and more close-ups of the underside - if you'd like them for your M48 page - eMail me.

Hugh