right click

TimMee "Stryker"

Thursday, August 4, 2016

TMA's resident mad scientist is at it again. And this time he's really outdone himself by creating a true TimMee Frankenstein. Included with the photos are his laboratory notes...



I wanted to make a six-wheel APC.  I had a broken XM177, and one missing its wheels.  I sawed the rear panel off one, a the other in two in front of the rear wheel well, and spliced them together with sheet styrene and hot glue.

I was stumped for a long time on armament.  None of the available turrets looked right.  Looking at real world APCs, I noticed that a lot of them have a remote-operated heavy machine gun instead of a turret.  So, I added a pintle-mounted gun looted from a PP jeep.

I capped the 2nd turret hole with a piece of 1/16 inch sheet styrene, cut to fit.  I think it turned out pretty well.


Indeed it did. Reminds ya of the Stryker, doesn't it? This blogger wants a dozen of them...AT LEAST!!!



Thank you, Mr. Mad Scientist.


6 comments:

Unknown said...

Will you ever publish a blog post with your complete Tim Mee collection? I would love to see it and I'm sure I'm not the only one. Lastly, keep up the good work!

TimMee Army said...

I tried setting it up in my empty garage and realized there just wasn't enough room. Too much of a good thing definitely applies.

Glad you enjoy the blog. :-)

Unknown said...

I saw in your "Stryker" blog post that someone sent in the pictures and what he did to them. Is there any way I can send in something also? Should I send it to a specific email address?

TimMee Army said...

Absolutely. Just send all correspondence to timmeearmy@gmail.com.

Unknown said...

Okay thank you very much for answering all my questions!

Unknown said...

can you sell these army men fans would love them